Top 39 Bible Verses about Debt Free that will Inspire You
If you think that the bible is silent on the issue of money, sorry as the bible talks about being debt-free even more than you think.
Here is an article that brings you an extensive list of quotes from the bible that tells you about being debt free and financial freedom.
You will be shock to see some biblical passages which you might have overlooked before being a finance quotes or that indirectly talks about money.
These quotes have been brought to you because we believe that quotes are not just for fun reading, but that they motivates and prompt the reader to act.
We believe that at the end of going through this Bible Verses about Debt Free, you will reconsider your decision to borrow and get into another debt as borrowers are just mere slaves.
Bible Verses about Debt Free
- Phillippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
- Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.
- Deuteronomy 28:12 The LORD will send rain at the proper time from his rich treasury in the heavens and will bless all the work you do. You will lend to many nations, but you will never need to borrow from them.
- Phillippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- 2 Corinthians 9:10 Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness.
- Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Romans 13:8: Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another.
- Proverbs 3:9: Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.
- 2 Corinthians 9:7: You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”
- Luke 6:38: Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.
- Mark 11:23: I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, “May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,” and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart.
- Galatians 6:9: So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
- 2 Kings 4:1-7 Now the wife of one of the sons of the prophets cried to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord, but the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.” And Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me; what have you in the house?” And she said, “Your servant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil.” Then he said, “Go outside, borrow vessels from all your neighbors, empty vessels and not too few. Then go in and shut the door behind yourself and your sons and pour into all these vessels. And when one is full, set it aside.” So she went from him and shut the door behind herself and her sons. And as she poured they brought the vessels to her. …
- Psalm 35:27 Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, “Great is the Lord, who delights in the welfare of his servant!”
- 2 Kings 4:1-44 Now the wife of one of the sons of the prophets cried to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord, but the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.” And Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me; what have you in the house?” And she said, “Your servant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil.” Then he said, “Go outside, borrow vessels from all your neighbors, empty vessels and not too few. Then go in and shut the door behind yourself and your sons and pour into all these vessels. And when one is full, set it aside.” So she went from him and shut the door behind herself and her sons. And as she poured they brought the vessels to her. …
- Proverbs 22:26-27 Be not one of those who give pledges, who put up security for debts. If you have nothing with which to pay, why should your bed be taken from under you?
- Romans 13:8
- Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- Proverbs 22:7The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.
- Proverbs 22:3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it.
- Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the Lord makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.
- 1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
- Proverbs 15:22
- Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed.
- Proverbs 28:22 A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him.
- Psalm 37:21 The wicked borrows but does not pay back, but the righteous is generous and gives;
- Exodus 22:25 “If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not exact interest from him.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
- Proverbs 27:23 Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds,
- Proverbs 21:20 Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man’s dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.
- Proverbs 13:11 Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
- Proverbs 12:24The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor.
- Proverbs 6:1-5 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, have given your pledge for a stranger, if you are snared in the words of your mouth, caught in the words of your mouth, then do this, my son, and save yourself, for you have come into the hand of your neighbor: go, hasten, and plead urgently with your neighbor. Give your eyes no sleep and your eyelids no slumber; save yourself like a gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like a bird from the hand of the fowler.
- Psalm 23:1 A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
- 2 Kings 4:7 She came and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can live on the rest.”
- Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
- Deuteronomy 28:12 The Lord will open to you his good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands. And you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.
Prayer for Debt Freedom
Sometimes, it doesn’t just stop at reading this quotes and memorizing the bible passage. Prayer as a Christian is the key to getting your heart desires. Below are ten prayers for financial freedom that you need to pray.
- I am richly rewarded for my job. My check multiplies and increases in Jesus’s Name.
- The blessing on The Lord overtakes me in all the areas of my life.
- I am debt-free.
- I am led to make wise financial decisions.
- I owe no man anything only to love him in Christ.
- The blessing of The Lord has made me rich, and it adds no sorrow with it.
- I am a lender and not a borrower.
- I am redeemed from the curse of poverty and lack.
- God is my supply and I have more than enough to pay for all my needs.
- The angels of The Lord are working on my behalf, bringing my harvest.
You have seen in this article Top 25 Bible Verses about Debt Freedom, this article was published to help you get out of debt or to stay strong while making a plan to get out of debt. Being a debtor is not a funny experience and we understand the trauma that comes with it. What other way to bring succor to you than to provide you with quotes from the most revered book on earth itself.
We know that you must have found this article useful and helpful, please do ensure that you share this article to all your friends and family member and not just those that are in debt. Everyone deserves to see this.
Lastly leave a comment behind. We would love to hear from you. Thank!